Sanken 2sa1492, Onkyo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:smash:
Hello,

I was charged to repair an onkyo amplifier. It holds a 2SA1492 and a 2SA3856 (on bot channels).

The amplifier fuse burns immediately at power on.
I disconnected the audio amplification unit, and so, suceed with power on the amplifier. So that I deduced that the PA unit is responsible for the short circuit.

I tried to reconnect it while the amplifier was powered on and off few second before( This way, the condenser are full of charge) .
I get a little claps on one of the seven pins; this allows me to guess (by following the circuit) that the 2SA1492 may be damaged and responsible for the short circuit of the unit.

However it does not looks like burned.

My question is ; should I try to test it to really know if it is burned ? How can I test it simply , in order to be able to say 'ok, it burned, and I may replace it ...'

Any comment will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

You could also use the diode test function on your meter if you have that.

You should see a rising voltage on both transistors base to collectors, the pnp will stopping at around .5~.7v or so and the npn will continue to rise. Base to emiter should give somewhere between .05~.1v this however depends greatly on other circuitry in the amp (clamp diodes and what not) if any of the values come back zero I would remove it and test out of system and then you should see .5v~.7v b to c and b to e, or pins 1 to 2 and pins 1 to 3.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.