a few pics of my amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey, finally got hold of a (crappy) kodak dc3400 digicam.. the amp is an sc480 kitamp from jaycar in vic.. specs are 0.03%THD @ 50w/8r
psu consists of 150va, 9400uF capacitance per amp, so 20,000uF and 300va in total.. sounds very nice but a bit weak in the low end :)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Doubt its due to the capacitors, the roll off chart is only about -2dB @ 10hz :)
and my mistake - its actually 9400uF per rail(10,000uF when taking the pcb mounted parallel cap) so 40,000uF all up. the low frequencies are extremely clear, best i've heard from an amp yet but a bit too quiet. when i get the time i'll clean up the wiring and use some shielded inputs to the amp, to get rid of the slight high frequency interference im getting, maybe put a grounded shield around the transformers to isolate them too? :)
and, as a great source for mains cables i took the powersupply cable from an old AT computer case, it has an earth shield all through the inside(foil and braided wire), even had an earth lug on the end!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.