Water Cooling Site

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dan,
On a purely philosophical note--I find it curious that there are so few water cooled amps out there; at least judging from the number of web sites pertaining to same. Yes, they're unwieldy in a sense, and you could easily say that one would have to be a fanatic to try such a thing, but...
The world of audio is chock-full of fanatics.
People put up with cables as thick as your wrist every day of the week. What's a dinky 5/8" hose compared to those monstrosities?
The fellow at that site mentions that in one version of his system the water was audible. Once I got mine purged of air, it became completely silent (it's the bubbles of air you hear, not the water). Purging the air took all of about a minute. The pump, of course, makes noise, but that's in another room and isn't a problem in my listening room. I keep threatening that I might go back to an air-cooled heat sink system for the Alephs, but then I feel the output devices and they're just barely hot to the touch...can't get that with an air-cooled class A circuit for any reasonable amount of money. So far, I'm still water-cooled.

Grey

Grey,
the way I would like to do H2O cooling is very similar to the way the AKSA dude did it. My way would be better of course! For a long time I dreamed of banks of IRF240 functioning in class A, all lined up and bolted to small aluminum blocks in small enclosures producing beautiful sounding music. As soon as time permits I will start working on it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.