Diod bap811

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !

Can anyone tell me what i can replace D101,D102 with. The number is Bap811 and I have tried to find about it but failur. Is it possible to replace with 1N4148 ???

bengt

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 184
BAP811 was produced in UNITRA CEMI (Poland) a few years ago; Zener diode in TO-92 case
IF: 0,05A, Tjmax: 150C, Uz: 1.45-1.65V IR: 1uA for UR: 6V
It means that you can replaced it by 2 ordinary, low power silicon diodes, like 1N4148, coupled in series or even two CE junctions of low power transistors connected in the same manner e.g. BCxxx.
obudowa: TO-92
The link below leads you to a catalogue but in polish language.
http://www.eres.w3.alpha.pl/index1.php?text=25

So, this was the only thing left for testing my preamp and I tried with two 1N4148 for each Bap811 and it seems to work well.

But Mandat, you wrote that it is a zener diod. Is it possible to take just one zenerdiode with 3.1 volt instead of this two Bap811 ? just curious.....

Anyway, it seems to work well, thanks to you people here !!!!:D

Thanks,

Bengt

Changing the number of 1N4148 allows to select the operation mode of the output stage

With two 1N4148 it will work in class B, with three 1N4148 it would work in class AB and with more diodes it will work in class A. The optimun number of diodes depends on the load impedance and the supply voltage

The original design appears to work in class AB with 1 to 2mA biasing. I would recomend using at least four diodes or a Vbe multiplier [an additional BC550C/BC560C and two resistors]. A zener may be also suitable

I was expecting +-15V supplies. 10mA at +-30V causes each transistor to dissipate 300mW. With 233ºC/W junction to ambient thermal resistance this causes the die to be 70ºC hotter than the ambient. With such high power supplies 5mA bias would be a more conservative option [accomplished by four diodes and 150 ohm emitter resistors]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.