Power Supplies 12 Volt?????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,

I can't seem to find any real info within this forum or on the web regarding how to build power supply for any and or all of the available DIY amplifiers for use in Car Audio. More specific 12 - 14 Volts in and 30 - 75 Volts out (30 - 75 volts usual input rail voltage for most of the designs out there). I can find more information than I could read in my lifetime on power supplie designs for home audio with 120 volt AC input but nothing to spesk of for 12 volt DC.

Basically I want to build my own car amplifiers and I know where to find all the info I need about how to build the amplifier part but nothing on the power supply end of it.

Sorry if my questions sound dumb, but I have to start somewhere.
Am I not searching for the right thing?

Please respond with any and all info. Links (on the web), schematics, pictures, and descriptions. Different types and which are the best or worst and why.

Thanks and Sorry,
Jay Meredith

Not worth the trouble??

Hey Bill,

You said "Building a car amp is not worth the trouble."

Why is that? Did you try and have some bad luck?
Is it much harder than building home amplifers?

But I think I would like to try it. With all the worth while designs out there I'm sure I could build a few amps that could kill some of my friends amps that due to marketing hype think they put out 1200 watts RMS.

Just think of the look on their face when after they hear it out performs the ones they bought and then I tell them that I built mine!!:D

Still need some more help?

Thanks Again,
Jay Meredith

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.