resistors and capacitors in leach amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I noticed that most of the resistors in the leach amplifier is rated 1/4W. Would there be any benefit of replacing them with 1/2W resistors?

I bought a few capacitors (pico, nano farrad range) from two seperate places. The one place sold me expensive caps which were bigger in size while the other sold me cheap ones which look cheap.

What would the difference be apart from a bigger voltage?

I would like to use the best components for this amplifier

Wagener said:
I noticed that most of the resistors in the leach amplifier is rated 1/4W. Would there be any benefit of replacing them with 1/2W resistors?

I bought a few capacitors (pico, nano farrad range) from two seperate places. The one place sold me expensive caps which were bigger in size while the other sold me cheap ones which look cheap.

What would the difference be apart from a bigger voltage?

I would like to use the best components for this amplifier

You are the 10 millionth person to build it.

On a 28 year old design like that, all of the bugs and weak components have probably been designed out. I would build it as specified by the parts list. I see no benefit to upsizing since it is probably already conservative. You may find larger resistors have leads that do not fit the holes or bodies that don't fit the spaces, and it will not look professional. On this one, I'd trust the parts list.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.