NAD 7250PE Intermittent Distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of the problem with my NAD 7250PE receiver. The right channel (only) often lapses into a strange distortion where the channel all but drops out with the main musical "hits" straining through. I replaced the 4 main big filter caps, which seemed to help, but the problem is still occuring, albeit less frequently. Of course, it could just be luck that it hasn't happened as much, but the old caps looked worse for wear anyway.

It would make sense that it is a transistor (it sounds like a switch being turned on and off very quickly at the loudest current spikes) but I do not have the schematics for this model. Does anyone know the location of the possibly problematic transistor, or at least the location of the bias pot, which could also be causing this problem? Apart from this problem, I'm quite enjoying the sound of this unit.

Cheers,
Noel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.