Fisher RS-1020 questions and problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have to repair a Fisher Receiver RS-1020, but I found nothing on the net to help me. Habitually, I repair tube amp and I have the schematic...

1) Can someone give the specs? At least power output?

2) If someone have something to help me like a manual or your memory (!), it will surely help!

3) The problem is the left output. Only big hum and volume button has no effect on power of hum... I can heard hum on A and B of left channel. The right channel is ok and sound good and all buttons and pots works perfectly, tuner too. What can be the problem?

4) the 2 output modules were changed before (not by me) and don't like to be original. They look smaller because they don't fit in screws holes. Maybe one burn because it was not fixed properly on heat sink... What I see is "Fisher hybrid-ic power amplifier module PA-401" on a 10 pin black box soldered on a small pcb were a big cap had been changed too. Samething for other channel...

5) parts are available? I repair or throw it in garbage?

thank you for your help!
Jean-Francois

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.