Onkyo Integra A-817XG Switch Wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am working on an Onkyo Integra A-817XG that has a defective Tone/Direct/Tone+Processor selector. I opened up the switch an found that the plastic cartridge inside was missing. The selector is a 48 pin ALPS switch. In order to regain tone controls, I am jumping the connections, but I am having trouble with the Balance control and mute/stereo buttons.

With the unit as is, it functions in direct mode with volume controls and source selections.

So far I have found that if connect pins 4+5 and 22+23 on both sides I regain Bass and Treble control. I have drawn out the circuit since I cannot find an exact schematic or service manual. The first image is the board with the switch. The second is the board with the tone controls. Can anyone help me figure out which pins to connect? The switch design would have slid back and forth with cis connections and I assume no trans connections. Or maybe the problem is somewhere else? Any input is appreciated!

Attachments

• SCAN0000.jpg
    SCAN0000.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 100
  • SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3512.jpg
    IMG_3512.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3513.jpg
    IMG_3513.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3514.jpg
    IMG_3514.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 95
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.