USSA-5 Build with Review

I do not know if that will help you a lot but my USSA-5 is mounted on heat sinks of 300mm x 120mm x 40mm (HIFI2000 3U) and everything is perfect.

Attachments

• Pièces.jpg
    Pièces.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 561
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
It depends on the bias current and rail voltage. A +/-24v Class A running at 1.25amps is 60w dissipation. I have a 4U and that’s about 45C so 3U would be possibly 55C to 60C, right at the limit of what is acceptably touchable with bare hands. But if running high bias of 1.5amps or 1.75amps, 3U is too small (unless a small fan is also employed).

I personally like Class A amps with small heatsinks and quiet fans now as size, weight, cost are much more manageable with CPU coolers and PWM fans as done on the Alpha series. Here with a Alpha BB dissipating 200w per channel, two compact and silent $25 CPU coolers keeps the MOSFET body at only 15C above ambient.

672472d1522616478-aksa-lender-mos-hybrid-aleph-alpha-amplifier-alpha-bb-test-mono-fast-closeup-jpg

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
:cop:
tonza75
I really have better things to do, and you are not only making me work, but you are not listening to a direct request. Whether good or bad, it is disrespectful to other members when you post in languages other than English.

Next time you get a time-out.
:cop:

-Chris