Cambridge audio azur 550a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Joined 2010
Paid Member
You need to register with the Hifiengine site for free downloads and some are fast, so you may miss the download tab showing in the lower left corner of your screen. If you are a Windows user, then go to the recent file list in Windows Explorer and click on the appropriate file to get it show on your screen.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Correct. I downloaded both files as shown in post #4 before posting the links. There is no service manual to download for 550A or 650A though, as we have already discussed. The flyer is noted to give some explanation of the changes, not the manual.

Usually, manuals for current and up to 10 years old product are not available free because of exclusive service and confidentiality agreements with service agents. Some manufacturers don't even supply manuals or schematics at all, to anyone, ever.

You could formally post your manual or schematic request at Electrotanya or another electronic service website and see what turns up but if you want information right now, you may have to trace the circuits yourself.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I doubt you could buy a manual but I think you would need to contact Cambridge Audio directly and show your qualifications as a licensed repairer before that happened. Service information is only distributed to licensed repairers who are registered as approved Cambridge Audio service agents. So CA will direct you to your nearest service agent who could even be in another country. Think this through - manufacturers are obliged by agreements to support their service agents, not the consumers who want to avoid them.

When and if service agreements expire, you will likely find the manuals on the web, just like those for older models. Perhaps some disaffected service guy has already uploaded the manual on the internet but good luck finding it.

As suggested, your best shot is to print out the previous model schematics, mark the changes as you trace them out and re-draft with whatever detail changes are necessary for your purpose. It seems you're already part way to understanding the differences, so why not continue?

For interest, I notice some manufacturers now only supply service details via secure, encrypted data links on the net - no PDFs, copies or paper at all. Time will tell if that achieves anything because some products are avoided (and should be) when you can't get access to reliable repair information on them, right from start.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.