Making a new amplifier, design help/tips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings, long time lurker, first time poster

So let's get straight to the chase. im looking to build a new amplifier and im looking for home design help

DESIGN GOALS
Class AB
200W into 8 Ohm
mono board

Things im looking for help with.
What should i use, BJT's or MOSFET? i like the idea of MOSFET, but ive never heard a MOSFET class AB amplifier before. so if someone can chip in on that.
im not an expert so ive been looking at ready made designs. what im looking at right now is the Honey Badger or the massively discuessed Apex HV250, or maybe another design i havent found it myself yet.

Since i couldn't find a gerber file or PCB for the HV250, i copied it to make my own PCB if i go that route, i also added a small circuit for a clipping light, because why not. Sechmatic Ignore the PCB design thats there, probably going to scrap it and start over

What im also looking for help for is a PREAMP. this is where im really lost, but i would rather get the amp done before this. what i would like is (because everyone can dream right?) class A pre. BJT, JFET or MOSFET? maybe a Nelson Pass design, but haven't looked to far into that yet

Not related to this, but plan on it later on, POWER METERS. since the LM3915 is almost impossible to find now, may try to make a circuit with discretes or some other analog IC

If anyone needs more info let me know, i might have accidentally left some info out thats needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.