clone conrad johnson evolution 2000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's been over 25 years since I built this wonderful amplifier in 1992. I was 25, and I certainly could not buy the original. A great hybrid, without any negative global negative feedback. In this period I'm updating with better components than 25 years ago. Mundorf filter capacitors, transformers rewind by an Italian specialized audio company. The sore point is the mosfet. I used, i j 2sk1058 and 2sj162 hitachi. (originals are k135 j50) What do you think if I replace with the exicon ECX10N20 and ECX10P20 mosfets.
Are they better than 1058 j162? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180509_104213.png
    Screenshot_20180509_104213.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 842
  • hfe_conrad-johnson_evolution_2000_schematic.pdf
    255.1 KB · Views: 381
Hi Margannai,

Can't help you out here but I also coveted this amp from CJ in the beginning of the nineties.
Have only the EVO20se pre.
Apart from the schematics which I thank you for posting, do you have the accompanying parts list also by any chance?

Thanks Robert

Hi Margannai,

Can't help you out here but I also coveted this amp from CJ in the beginning of the nineties.
Have only the EVO20se pre.
Apart from the schematics which I thank you for posting, do you have the accompanying parts list also by any chance?

Thanks Robert

Hi Robert, do not understand what you're asking. The list of components list is present. Voltage output transformers value?
Hello.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.