The Signal Transfer Company

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Well D.Self esq is in his 60s but showing few signs of slowing down. I suspect Gareth is similar (nice location though). You can't make a living with those kits although I suspect in the heyday of EW (or WW for us oldies) a lot more were shipped.

We will get to the bottom of this and resolve.

Well D.Self esq is in his 60s but showing few signs of slowing down. I suspect Gareth is similar (nice location though). You can't make a living with those kits although I suspect in the heyday of EW (or WW for us oldies) a lot more were shipped.

We will get to the bottom of this and resolve.

I really do hope it can be resolved, Signal Transfer/Doug Self products are unique and thoroughly worth having available.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Good to know that some contacts work and you may have a shipment arriving some time after the postal backlog is cleared.

I don't know all the details but unreliable email and website contact has been the norm since Douglas was using Pipex as a hosting service, several years ago. Things were going well for a few years with another host but now I think we may be back to the troubles of using certain types of hosting services. It could be anything from a hosting issue to retirement or personal matters but I think either of these gentlemen could have informed us directly via the forum if they were aware something was amiss or had changed regarding their frontline business correspondence.

Cheers for the third address, which hopefully should help any future purchasers of this phono stage if they have difficulties getting any replies and see this thread.

I got tired of waiting after trying several times over a few months and instead ordered a World Designs Phono 3 kit over Christmas. Couldn’t be happier with the quality of their customer service, and the high standard of the kits part and instructions.

Happy to know you found an acceptable alternative supplier, does the phono stage perform as well as the ST spec ?

It’s a valve phono stage so I’m guessing on paper it might not be quite as accurate or whisper quiet, but have read plenty of positive feedback on the design over the years. It’s going to take me a couple months to get her up and running - fingers crossed it hits the sonic spot!

Cant contact Signal Transfer

I also have not been able to contact Signal Transfer. Pity as I bought power PCBs and the preamp PCB off them previously. Need 2 more power amp PCBs so may have to resort to reverse engineering but that's a lot of work for 2 PCBs. Would much preferred to have bought them.