The Signal Transfer Company

This is rather disappointing to read - I just emailed Signal Transfer yesterday as I want to buy the unbalanced Phono Pre-amp kit. The I saw this thread today. Sounds like I shouldn’t expect a reply from them anytime soon then :/

John.

Last edited:
I heard that the Signal Transfer Company's email was non-functioning, but that was at least 8 - 9 months ago - one assumes it has been repaired since and is functioning now.
However I'm prepared to lay a small bet that you still won't get a response from Signal Transfer. I cannot explain why it is so, but my experience tells me that if you want a response from them, go straight to Douglas Self.

Maybe they don't want any business, I cannot believe their email service is still out of commission, any response from Gareth or GJC Designs ? If not then Doug Self is the last resort.
I hope you succeed with that, keep trying, i struggled for months overall but finally got want I wanted ...

You are quite right there Scott Joplin, I really don't intend any malice at all - but what is one to make of it ?
I spent months trying to get responses from Gareth even after international phone calls - having to ask Doug to intercede is a bit demeaning no only to Doug but one doesn't really want to go over Gareth's head, so to speak. It took months to get a quote and more months to get the board sent off to me - after having paid the money, getting confirmation from paypal, and then still having to call in Douglas to get any action going.
Still, I suppose there must be an acceptable cause/reason for the problem.