100 Watt Mono amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using tl071 tone controller for my amplifier

Attachments

• tl071  pcb components.jpg
    tl071 pcb components.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 452
  • tl071 pcb.jpg
    tl071 pcb.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 460
PCB design or what?
Hey, that simple tone control basically works fine, just 2 details:

1) remove the 471 capacitor across half treble tone control, it´s wrong, it kills treble and makes Treble pot action unsymmetrical.

2) yes, it needs to be driven from a relatively low impedance, but any Op Amp stage before it will do fine, a high impedance buffer is not necessary unless you want to build it inside its own cabinet, with its own power supply, as a "Universal" type tone control, to be used anywhere, no matter what.

But to integrate it into an existing Preamp, fine.

3) simple as it looks, tone control slopes are 6dB/oct ... exact same as on 99.999% of tone controls out there.

Simple is beautiful :D

Hey, that simple tone control basically works fine, just 2 details:

1) remove the 471 capacitor across half treble tone control, it´s wrong, it kills treble and makes Treble pot action unsymmetrical.

2) yes, it needs to be driven from a relatively low impedance, but any Op Amp stage before it will do fine, a high impedance buffer is not necessary unless you want to build it inside its own cabinet, with its own power supply, as a "Universal" type tone control, to be used anywhere, no matter what.

But to integrate it into an existing Preamp, fine.

3) simple as it looks, tone control slopes are 6dB/oct ... exact same as on 99.999% of tone controls out there.

Simple is beautiful :D

Thanks JMFahey for tone control,
What is your suggestion for post #24 (100w ).

Thanks JMFahey for tone control,
What is your suggestion for post #24 (100w ).
For high power I find it best to use a tried and true, built by many high power amplifier, rather than adding a ton of transistors to a smaller one.

Search among Apex´s designs, he has some very good ones.

Another point is that I would never build a protection less amp for public/portable duty such as PA or DJ , sooner or later you will blow it (by mistake of course, poor connection) and/or burn expensive speakers.

Home duty is different because you can use terminals, both at amp and speaker, wire them *once* and leave the installation fixed.

For high power I find it best to use a tried and true, built by many high power amplifier, rather than adding a ton of transistors to a smaller one.

Search among Apex´s designs, he has some very good ones.

Another point is that I would never build a protection less amp for public/portable duty such as PA or DJ , sooner or later you will blow it (by mistake of course, poor connection) and/or burn expensive speakers.

Home duty is different because you can use terminals, both at amp and speaker, wire them *once* and leave the installation fixed.

Hello JHFahey, Yes you are absolutely right Apex have so many good desiges. Mile slavkovic has big knowledge about amplifier, so I going to his famous amplifier AX-11 with simple tone controller.

Attachments

• Ax-11 with simple tone controller.jpg
    Ax-11 with simple tone controller.jpg
    739.4 KB · Views: 211
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.