which subwoofer amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Thinking of building a simple sub amp with 250-300W power@4ohm and an active sub x-over. I already have the x-over and making it, but I am not able to decide on the amp.

I have in mind ESP P68 and Legend Stage Master by Dr. Bora (may god rest his soul in peace).

The sub is a dayton DVC 215-88 4ohm, in 42ltr vented cab tuned to 28 hz. The amp should be capable of handling future sub too with high power handling capacity. thats why i want to have atleast 250-300 W

Currently its driven by ESP P3A directly from LFE of receiver with xo of receiver. but want to try with my external active xo and the new amp.

regards
Prasi
P.S. there is Apex BX-22 too, just added to the list!

Hi Prasi, among the other options, I recommend you to look at this one - a very solid performer (6 pairs of MT-200 devices with 2 driver stages in parallel). Maximum power rating is a bit above your requirements (up to 500W), however, performance at 250-300W is very high. It's always good to have some extra headroom, especially for a subwoofer ;) 2 ohm impedance dips are no problem.

NS Double Power

Built and tested by jwilhelm.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I feel like subs really can use Class D well. I have always liked the sound of IRS2092 based amps. With a +/-50v supply you can get some good power with these. And they are cheap as chips.

IRS2092S 500W Mono Channel Digital Amplifier Class D HIFI Power Amp Board Digital Amplifier Module-in Instrument Parts & Accessories from Tools on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

That new amp from Valery and Jeff looks like a true monster - nice but maybe too much of a good thing for a sub playing below 100Hz only?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.