yamaha rx-v1600 tiny problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

I been trying to find solution for small problem that I have with my receiver.
(note: if this is not right sub-forum, please do move it where it belongs).

Issue is: when amp (receiver) is hot (warm) remote stops working.
I can turn it on, control everything, but after 10 mins (or so), unit stops responding to remote control. If I turn it off via push button on front panel, leave it to cool down a bit (just a note, that thing, from new, was working "on warm side" - there is a fan inside for extra cooling), again works Ok.

I cant remember how or when problem started, because I was not using it for some time.

Now, looking at schematics there is IR diode, couple of capacitors and resistors right next to it, then couple of lines that lead to main processor.

By searching a bit, I think that IR diode shouldn't be a suspect (although I did removed IR diode and checked it, works like charm) , which leaves me to (the are surface mounted..) caps and resistors (i did checked them while diode was out, but I did not solder them out) and that central processor.

had anybody similar problem? I have "heard" that SM capacitors seldom go wrong, resistors also, so my list of suspects has dramatically decreased..

ah, yes, I did checked with another remote :).

Thanks for any tip!
tommy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.