PC Audio Upgrade...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey peoples,

I want to get this nicely priced Pioneer TS-W250R Subwoofer to add to my current PC audio setup and probably later put it in my car (whenever I get one). But my problem ATM is that I need to build a mono amp for it, 75-120 Watts RMS into a 4-Ohm load... anywhere around there, but no more than 120.

I am fairly new to this game, so I have come to ask if anyone knew of any accomplished projects I could follow in the foot steps of to guide my through this project?

Thanks

Hi!

Paprika said:
Hey peoples,

I want to get this nicely priced Pioneer TS-W250R Subwoofer to add to my current PC audio setup and probably later put it in my car (whenever I get one). But my problem ATM is that I need to build a mono amp for it, 75-120 Watts RMS into a 4-Ohm load... anywhere around there, but no more than 120.

I am fairly new to this game, so I have come to ask if anyone knew of any accomplished projects I could follow in the foot steps of to guide my through this project?

Thanks

First of all, forget about the maximum power rating of the woofer. You could attach an amplifier with 500 W RMS to it and never blow it, if you don't turn up volume up to distrortion levels, that is...

And it is same the other way around (amplifier with less power than woofer).

I would recommend a mono P3A with a 25 V toroid. Take a look at ESP, Project 3A , R. Elliot also sells PCBs for his projects.

It will not cost very much (you don't need high quality components for a subwoofer amp, except output devices, I recommend MJ15003 / 15004), has enough power and is fairly easy to build (with PCBs not more complicated, actually simpler than a bride / parallel gainclone recommended earlier in this thread).

Bye,

Arndt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.