SanKen Discontinuing MT200 Power transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Maybe the simulation models of MJL3281/MJL1302 fit better as a replacement for 2SC6145/2SA2223?
Cob seems very similar, ft too. When there would be more spare time I easily could test in reality, if the 5200/1943 models are good enough for simulation of a Sanken based SA2014.

Just compared the thermal impedance TTC5200/TTA1943 versus 2SC6145/2SA2223. The SOA of the Sanken is far better but the transient thermal impedance of the Toshiba cases are far better ...

Using 8 pairs Sanken the SA2014 may be pushed to 300W@8R or 600W@4R...

Last edited:
Thats good to know - have you compared the square wave output with simulation values? I'm sure you have done stability tests in real life and checked against sim values...

Yes, and not me only, as there are about 10 V4 amplifier was build in Hungary. Nobody had stability issue, even with different semiconductors (decent drivers are not easy to find, since Toshiba finished 4793/1837).

Sajti

Joined 2011
Paid Member
No. I use 4883/1859 from Digikey, and waiting for TTC/TTA004 from Mouser, to try.

Sajti

OK! I have bought many test samples of 2SA1837LB-TF3T and 2SC4793LB-TF3T from UTC via profusionplc. I will let you know if they perform similar in my amplifier models and if they are reliable. As soon as my new lab is finished - of course ... maybe in 1 -2 weeks ...

BR, Toni

OK! I have bought many test samples of 2SA1837LB-TF3T and 2SC4793LB-TF3T from UTC via profusionplc. I will let you know if they perform similar in my amplifier models and if they are reliable. As soon as my new lab is finished - of course ... maybe in 1 -2 weeks ...

BR, Toni

Thanks! This is a big help for us!
Toshiba 004s are good enough, up to +/-50-55V, I guess.

Sajti

@Thule,

How much space can I grind off the top
to give myself room to mount the Transistor?

They are too large currently for me to use so
I have to take a 1mm to 3mm off the top.

In the devices that you show there, how far from
the top is the die impression (for lack of a better word).
Is there a connection wire there along the top edge?

Cheers,

They are buried in the list.
Discontinued Products |Sanken Electric

Just IMHO I don't miss the MT200 packages. :)
One can get roughly 6 pcs of equivalent TO-3P devices for the same price as 4 pcs of MT200, inside it the silicon substrate is still attached onto a TO-3P metal base which in turn is attached to a larger MT200 base, paying ~2 €$£ more for extra metal and plastic huh? :D

Borrowing a picture from this link:
2SA1215 2SC2921, identify genuine and fake

I called Digi-Key and asked if they planned on restocking any MT-200 parts before or at the last order deadline. They said that they were not planning to do so. However, if there was enough demand, they might reconsider.

So call Dig-Key (and B&D too, why not?), ask for the applications tech, or better yet, the project manager, if you can get him, and express your desire to keep these devices in stock for as long as possible.
It will only take a minute or two of your time.

I've already been looking at what the options might be for service replacement (not new design), but would like to get input from some here. I've seen the point made other devices could fall short in terms of power handling capability at higher Vce. If there was no choice but to use a different device what would you use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.