Onkyo TX-L55 / TX-LR55 Dead and asking for repairs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,

Firstly, i would like to thank everybody, as the members are always able to help me come out of troubles with their ideas and experiences.

And, that becomes the reason that i always come to this place.

Now, i have undertaken this slim AVR for repairs as the owner is not happy, for the unit being dead.

He wanted to give it away, and so i took it from him, at least to learn the digital home theater repairs.

Details from the first look, when opened.

When connected to power supply nothing, upon tracing found a 5.1 zener shorted, replaced it and now at least it powers up. After few seconds of relay clicks it shuts itself down.

I understand that the protection circuit is playing its part, so started disassembling, one by one, all the connectors.

when the amplifier board connector was removed, at least the unit stays on.

This narrows down my problem to the amplifier board, but its no conventional analog driver and amplifier ckt, its more than that directly driven through some signal processing IC.

Please suggest your inputs if you have come across, this problem / unit.

Regards,
Hemant.

Each single input feed to the amp section kept the receiver "ON" but as soon as the two pins of APRT and PAPOWER are connected it no longer remains ON, so it confirms that the protection ckt is preventing the amp to turn on.

Now further troubleshooting will be done for the MOSFET IRF530.

Update;

After some exercise, i was able to get to the fault section of the amplifier that had the TC2001 Hmute pin raised to 5volts.

Other two are normal, now i have changed the output mosfets ( 4 pcs ) but still HMUTE is held high.

also, this chip has the input overload held at 0 volts which should not be the case.

There is no input supplied still, it shows overloaded.

Please advice, any one.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.