Solid state preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wish to build a preamplifier. I have read about the BOSOZ. This preamp is good but it can get better applying the x-technology. This step is not documented by mr. Pass, so it is very difficult for people with little experience to apply it.

So I was wondering if there are any other solid state projects for preamplifiers that are better than the standard BOSOZ and well documented. Please post a link to such projects.

With all the fuss going on with the GainClones and the n/o Dac's there must be a simple, but very good, preamp based on this simple but effective philosophy. Anyone knkows?

George

Simple pre-amp

Hi gchrist,

I know that people will probably be standing in line to :smash: me for saying what I am about to say, but anyway...:

Have you considered to use the OP275 from analog devices?
It's not bad, and since it's dual, it could even have the input buffer and output buffer in one chip. The sound isn't bad at all, and it'll have better data than most "un-matched pair" input stage anyhow.

I imagine you will want some gain in your pre-amp, or oherwise you could make it entirely passive?

Jennice

Jennice,

I have not yet tried out my power amplifier (AKSA 55W) directly driven from my CD player. In the next few days I will know if I will need an active or passive preamplifier.

I presume that I will need an active one, because I will be using a phono stage also.

Do you have any schematics for the IC you mentioned?

Thanks

gchrist,

Here you go...

http://www.analog.com/Analog_Root/productPage/productHome/0,2121,OP275,00.html

This page should give you all the info you'd need :)

I hope you'll find the info useful.

you said you're planning on using a phono stage. If you use an external (stand-alone) thingy, that shouldn't influence on your choice of pre-amp. However, should you want to DIY the phono stage, with power supply and all, you might as well make the rest active, too. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid you'll be looking for other suggestions elsewhere, as I'll head out for 3 weeks holiday this friday. Until then, I should drop by here from time to time (if I'm not packing).

Anyway
Jennice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.