Help with Apex Senior amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Apex senior amp in my sub. 2 years ago I had a hum at rest so I contacted Steve at Apex and he recommended replacing the 4 caps, which I did. 6800uf 80v. Fixed the issue.

Last week the hum returned so I pulled the amp and the caps looked a bit swollen on top so I ordered another 4. Other than the hum it was working fine.

Last night I cleanly replaced the caps, redid the thermal paste and put it back together. It blows the fuse on the main power input as soon as I power it on.

All my solder on the pins look good so I'm at a loss as to whether I should remove and reinstall them.

Maybe solder somehow jumped one of them on the other side of the board? The caps were the only components I touched and had successfully done this simple job once before. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.