New Project Marantz 2250b

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Those readings all sound good.

Connect the scope across the speaker output and set the attenuator for around 1 volt/div (or 0.1/div if using a divider probe) and see if any oscillation is present as you tweak the preset and the bulb suddenly jumps from dim to bright.

Hi Mooly, as you can see in the pictures not very good, I tried to set the scope to 1v but had to turn it down to 20mv to get the signal, turning up the volume to get what you see

Attachments

• Oscope.jpg
    Oscope.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 80
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I wouldn't like to say on that... it could be just RF noise such as stray radio pickup. It is not 'oscillation' in the way I was thinking.

Does that noise disappear when you turn the bias back down ?

Does this channel now work OK with headphones ?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
So you need to apply the same signal to both channels and use your scope to look at the signal directly on the base of H702.

You should see identical signal levels for both channels. Remember there will be a slight DC offset on the base but the signal will be superimposed onto that.

Hi Mooly, It has been a while, Have not done much with my audio gear we sold our home at the end of Feb. and had to find a new place to call home, well low and behold we are in our new place and getting settled in. I plan on returning to my 2250b, I did go through to familiarize myself were i left off. I remember having that tinny sound on the left channel, I believed i narrowed that down to the tone board, after recapping the left main amp i fed my phone through it to play music through the main in (inputs) and clear as a bell, so i thinking it is the tone board. I do not have my work station at 100% at this time still need some time but i am itching to get back to this unit
Pat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.