Restek Tensor Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there-

Im helping an old fella out with his rather staggering equipment collection.

His cat likes sitting on this amplifier as its nice and warm - Im cleaning it out and giving it a recap to the power modules.

In doing so, I noted there are 2 5.8K-ohm resistors in one module that are getting hot....damn hot, they are discoloured and I will need to replace them.

Problem is that he doesnt have the SM, or access to one. This is one of those companies that keeps these under lock and key. I would like to do the setup procedure to this to ensure that it is running properly. There are FIVE trimpots per power module so guesswork is out of the question!

We are in NZ so sending the unit back to Germany to be "serviced" is out of the question.

Anyone have one they are willing to share, or at least the setup instructions?

Cheers

Attachments

• Restek_Tensor.png
    Restek_Tensor.png
    208.5 KB · Views: 379
I have close to 300mV offset in one channel - the other channel is fine. Any guesses on which trimpot woud adjust the offset? My guess is the 2 x 1K trimpots shown at the left of the diagram. Not sure why there are two of these however - each PCB has 5 x trimpots total. My guess is that the 1k trimpots on the top and bottom of the diagram control the + and - rail voltage (connected to a voltage regulator on each side) and the middle 220ohm trimpot controls the bias. Does this look about right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.