Latest project IGBT power amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IGBT equivalent circuit (sort of)

Attachments

• characterzing_power_devices_fig1.jpg
    characterzing_power_devices_fig1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 441
Nigel,

When I think back about auto place, to make it work properly you want association of components/pins and nets. For example, a bypass cap, you have certain rules for optimization: proximity to a specific IC power pin, same/alt side usage, max segment length, via rules, distance, trace width.
If we want to keep this ecad sw discussion, we should continue in the tools forum, so more interested folks can follow along.

Do we have a spice model of this IGBT? Would be fun to play with it in sim. I shall start to look.
As for IGBT designs, I am playing with the old Mark Alexander CFA design using Lateral Fets since the original Toshiba IGBTs are hard to find or too expensive.
A lot more expensive vs this IGBT design.
Need to do more tests or sims on this IGBT design. Somehow I think the performance is limited by the nature of a quasi-comp topology, common emitter vs common collector push pull.

Nothing wrong with re-using/borrowing ideas from other vendors.
Have you used Zuken? Nice to see they are still around
I never used auto place. Took too long to set up the constraints, just to have to go and fix it again. But you still need placement boundaries for DFM process rules.

Of these designs, how many were mass produced? auto-insertion, pick n place, ICT tested?

Zuken still trade. PCB Design, Electrical/Wire Harness Design Software | Zuken

I haven't been involved with mass production pcb's since around 2000.

They are mostly for my own use now. I usually buy 5 or 10 and build one for myself and sell extra's at cost on ebay to move them on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.