Krell KSA 50 PCB

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Pink - Mine is running strong - my favorite amp by a long shot - and I have another KSA-50 stereo amp PCB all populated, just awaiting some free time to finish....and another spare set of PCBs "just in case".

Just trying to figure what's next - a Quicksilver 8417 tube amp, Aleph JX, another KSA-50, or rebuild the Acoustat Model 3 or Tympani Ids.

This hobby is too cool.

John, I have done the same thing with another set. This time around I,m trying different input trannies with PRP resistors instead of the present Dales.
I,ll probably try TO3's this time
I might go with slightly lower rails since I have been using 41v DC rails now with fan cooling of course.
I would like to increase bandwidth as much as possible for the design
This is such a nice old school design that really does sound excellent!
Thanks to Pinkmouse! A big thumbs up!

Regards
David

Attachments

• IMGP0314.jpg
    IMGP0314.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 604
  • IMGP0451.jpg
    IMGP0451.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 627
loek: Got the boards yesterday, thank you!

When I picked them up at my local post office and ripped the package straight open I first thought you've accidentally sent 2 pairs of boards, but as it turns out these are nearly twice as thick as my previous 5 boards :-O
Bulletproof!!! <3

Hello Everyone! I have looked through almost 800 plus pages of this thread. I normally build tube based amps, but have gotten a bug to build something solid state recently.

Does anybody have any more boards available? If not, I'll have to design my own and there will be another version out there!

Hello Everyone! I have looked through almost 800 plus pages of this thread. I normally build tube based amps, but have gotten a bug to build something solid state recently.

Does anybody have any more boards available? If not, I'll have to design my own and there will be another version out there!

Hi,
This gentlemen on e-bay has a pcb suitable to make a very nice clone.

High Power Pure Class A Amplifier PCB KSA100 | eBay

I did purchase a set and I must say it is very well made. It would be probably easier than making your own. If you want more pictures or info just PM me
Cheers,
Eric