Krell KSA 50 PCB

Hi Jozua-

I "think" the competition is good enough that most companies will have comparable products if the cost is in the same range.

We are not going from $10 boards to $2 boards where the quality would be drastically different. But I do think that as long as we collaborate like did we can find the best price performance ratio.

Hi All-

As for payment, I will have a Wiki set up on Monday and I already have a Paypal account.

I hope to place the order for the boards around the 15th and rx them around the first week of the New Year. A two - three week turn around.

Edit-
I would like to use the TO-3 style but I know the TO-220 will be easier so I will most likely go that way. Also I will be having a chassis built for mine. It will be a vertical chassis similar to the ML #33 but heat sinks only on one side. I will draw the chassis and get an estimate from my machinist next week hopefully. If anyone is interested it will be VERY easy for him to do a run of more than one.

Instructions

I'm in for 2 boards if there is a way to figure out what goes where on the boards. Like a schematic and parts list that match to the board silkscreen for a basic design. So I've been following this thread and I think there is something like this underway, if so put it in the wiki and lets go.

rabstg said:
Edit-
I would like to use the TO-3 style but I know the TO-220 will be easier so I will most likely go that way. Also I will be having a chassis built for mine. It will be a vertical chassis similar to the ML #33 but heat sinks only on one side. I will draw the chassis and get an estimate from my machinist next week hopefully. If anyone is interested it will be VERY easy for him to do a run of more than one. [/B]

Hi rabstg,

yep, I am talking about using mjl21193 and mjl21194.
They are in TO-3 package, right?
I just wonder how much your chassis cost.

THanks

Wing

not quite

Sorry, the mjl21193/4 are in plastic packages, (to247 perhaps?) this shouldn't pose any problem, any place you can attach a TO3 will accomodate one or two of the others. The mj15003/4 are in to3, and as far as I know there are no specific plastic versions, unless you count the mjl21193 etc.

Stuart

Hi Wing-

This chassis cost me $70 to make and $5 to have Anodized.

So I would figure around $95 - 150 for a BIG chassis and another $20-25 for Anodizing.. Of course this is a GUESS from my past work he has done.

Attachments

• 107_0766 (medium).jpg
    107_0766 (medium).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,069
To ACD and all : Jan, I was thinking about conception of rails : Only correct rail is realy rail - aluminium or dural prism. If you use TO 264 case transistors, you must to use prism 10*30 mm. If you make PCB screwable to prism, you can use this prism also like voltage conductor, which will have much lower resistance than copper trace on PCB, so you get quite precision current feeder and also temperature feedback of all power devices will be much more better than by " classical " conception ( on this prism you can get also temperature sensor transistor ).