DC - 100kHz amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I build the big brother of this guy 30 years ago, and the FR was very good from near DC to 100kHz, if my memory is not failing.

I thik there are modern replacements for the old and faithful CA3100.

Regards

Attachments

• AMP.png
    AMP.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Winfield's 100W DC-10MHz 1000V/us amplifier

Might be a bit advanced for your need, ...

I didn't know Win Hill was hangin' here. I love that guy's work!

Also, if you're at either LLNL or Sandia, wave hi for me (I worked at LLNL for a couple years). :)

Yeah, I'm a Sandian. I can wave, but "hi from 'DPH'" might be a bit cryptic. You can PM me if you like.

If you have the money -- the Krohn Hite amplifier modules will do what you need, too.

Hmm, I'll have a look. I have a couple of their nice prog. filters.

Thanks for the input!

Totally welcome MrCRC -- I was in the microelectronics fab (Center for Micro/Nano Technology? Name could have long since changed), but a simple wave will do. :)

And, yeah, we're lucky to have the coauthor of *the* electronics book to have hanging out here on occasion.

Hopefully the links help in one way or another!

Currently I am struggling with choosing an appropriate power supply. I narrowed down my choices to either
(a) a 300VA 2x18V toroidal transformer with oversized rectifiers, caps and so on [problem of unregulated rails, load dependency and less output voltage swing because of max 27V for the OPA549]
or
(b) two DRP-240-24 24V/10A Meanwell smps supplys conncted in series [better output voltage swing and more current capability but potential issues with additional EMI in the lab]

May I rise this topic again? Any suggestions or real life experience?

Here's the F5 frequency response -- I had it on a backup drive. There are no capacitors in the signal path so it should work down to DC. If you are going to use it down to DC you shouldn't bias it into Class-A.

If you don't need ultra-low distortion, you can use 2N5460/2N5457 as input JFETs --

Attachments

• F5_Response.png
    F5_Response.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 109
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.