Phase Linear D500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone.
I recently received a PL D500. I would like to give it a Re-cap and general once over.
I would prefer to purchase a complete 'kit' if there is such a thing as apposed to buying (probably importing) different items from different suppliers.:eek:

Can anyone point me to a supplier or anyone who can help?

Thanks in advance.

J.

Gonna be hard pressed finding a "kit" to fit your needs. I have rebuilt many phase linear amps and have been able to do a single purchase of all components from Mouser.com.

All I do is open the amp and write down all the electrolytic values (uF and V) and if possible compare to a schematic to make sure I didn't miss any. If there are discrepancies in values use what's in the amp if it is working. Need to pay attention to the difference between polar and non-polar including orientation.

Since newer caps are usually smaller I take into account lead spacing to ensure I'm not having to bend the leads to much during install.

Hey everyone.
I recently received a PL D500. I would like to give it a Re-cap and general once over.
I would prefer to purchase a complete 'kit' if there is such a thing as apposed to buying (probably importing) different items from different suppliers.:eek:

Can anyone point me to a supplier or anyone who can help?

Thanks in advance.

J.

Hi, You realise that there are suppliers on your door-step in Durban and Pinetown. If you need help drop me a PM. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.