SA2015 V-MOSFET Builders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My plan is for two holes drilling in the heatspreader ,one 5mm hole for the vbe transistor and one 3,5mm for the led.
Is this a good solution?

Attachments

• vbe multip sa2015.JPG
    vbe multip sa2015.JPG
    303.3 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Of course a possibility: 2-3 mm deep hole should be enough. Fill it with a little bit thermal grease. Or just add a squishy spacer between pcb and BC550C as AndrewT has done.
The red LED need not to be in direct thermal contact with the heatsink - only between pcb and heatspreader.

BR, Toni

I'm sure it will do its coooooling! ;)
The heat spreader drilled using 6mm drill for the center and 10mm for the top.
The heatsink drilled using 3.5mm then 4mm and tapped with a 5mm, sharpened to the lower end,tapping tool.
Screws are 5x12mm inox .
All parts cleaned using dish washer liquid for tapping fluid removing.
After drying a plenty of thermal paste applied
Aluminum was pressed as in the picture to reduce the gaps to the minimum.
Finally the screws tightened.

Last edited:
Hello Thimios

I see that you have positioned the plate with the holes as I told you. With this layout you will not have to drill the bottom of the case, just for the feet.
Congratulations for your work and I think you will really have no problem with heat dissipation. :D

Regard's

Attachments

• SAM_2877.JPG
    SAM_2877.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 239
Hello astx

This amplifier interests me (I do not know yet which version) but can this be suitable with only 2 pairs of hexfets by lowering the supply voltage?

Thank you :)

PS: Thimios, I'm sorry to ask my question on your thread.:eek:
Never mind,i think yes and yes.:)
Toni has designed many different versions.
You must wait for his answer.;)

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Analytical thermal condition.
Power supply=+/-42V
Idle current=150mA/pair
Mixed operating cycle, high volume, low volume,no out.
Maybe i need better quality transistor insulators?

What have you used as isolators? I've used keratherm red ... (conrad)
Test it with high continuous output power for several minutes to see how the temperature rises. Stop tests if going too fast above 60 degrees.
But looks good so far. (Bias idle current produces 38W dissipation! You have more as one class A watts for listening). :)
The MCU board has connections for 3 NTC resistors. If you are finishing the assembling of your amplifier add one NTC at each heatsink and one in the internal middle of your amplifier.

BR, Toni

What have you used as isolators? I've used keratherm red ... (conrad)
Test it with high continuous output power for several minutes to see how the temperature rises. Stop tests if going too fast above 60 degrees.
But looks good so far. (Bias idle current produces 38W dissipation! You have more as one class A watts for listening). :)
The MCU board has connections for 3 NTC resistors. If you are finishing the assembling of your amplifier add one NTC at each heatsink and one in the internal middle of your amplifier.

BR, Toni
Silicone Rubber gray color together with thermal paste.
Unfortunately keratherm aren't available here.

60°c, where i must take this measurement?on the main heatsink or direct on transistors body?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.