JLH 10 Watt class A amplifier - Page 385 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th June 2017, 08:44 AM   #3841
diyAudio Member

Would be possible to have the option of a complete kit ?
Very hard for me to source the parts , I believe many people would appreciate and probably more buyers
Old 18th June 2017, 09:05 AM   #3842
diyAudio Member

^ Really? One beauty of the JLH is that it uses readily available parts
Old 18th June 2017, 03:06 PM   #3843
prasi is offline prasi  India
diyAudio Member

Hello Gabor,
any update on your build?

regards
Prasi
Old 18th June 2017, 05:45 PM   #3844
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilioserra View Post
Would be possible to have the option of a complete kit ?
Very hard for me to source the parts , I believe many people would appreciate and probably more buyers
Hi, if the post is intended for me, sorry, I no longer have for sale, any PCB's (or components thereof).
Its for my own personal build.
If successful, I shall offer the spare PCBs to forum members at an appropriate price.

thanks and regards
Prasi
Old 18th June 2017, 09:18 PM   #3845
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasi View Post
Hello Gabor,
any update on your build?

regards
Prasi
No I only finalized the PC board layout, I do not found clad board the size I need. 31*7.5Cm I found in US but with shipping it cost $22 US plus import duty. Too much! There is local store a bit far away from I live, I did called them (I called many other store), they have some type. I have to make that trip to visit that store. If the copper to thin is useless. I would like to get 2oz copper at least for Class A.
I will do these project!
Thanks for asking
Attached Images
File Type: bmp MJL 2005.bmp (45.2 KB, 58 views)
Old 18th June 2017, 09:29 PM   #3846
diyAudio Member

My lay out is much larger, so you can not just print it out for iron transfer.
Please you take it into the paint and print set up and print it out from there for the right size! That is how I draw my layouts, in these case Prasi's layout modified to 100% feet my heatsink. Thanks to Prasi
Working with paint (program) easier to work if the layout larger. Please do not forget there is a GB and if you need PC boards please participate to get high quality commercial grade boards for less $ than it will cost to me. I only chose these option because my heatsinks shape and size.
Old 19th June 2017, 08:18 AM   #3847
diyAudio Member

Hi Gabor, one suggestion, if I may make.
Since you are doing many layouts or modification work in paint, you could get sprint and it will be very easy.
Sprint is very intuitive and you would be able to make first design in hours.

I guess you are already aware of this , but wanted to suggest.
You could import any Gerber's in sprint.
There is very good tutorial by Juan Vargas on YouTube on sprint.
Even from jpeg layout picture , even a new person, could create a clone layout in 1-2 hours.

Regards
Prasi
Old 19th June 2017, 08:52 AM   #3848
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasi View Post
Hi Gabor, one suggestion, if I may make.
Since you are doing many layouts or modification work in paint, you could get sprint and it will be very easy.
Sprint is very intuitive and you would be able to make first design in hours.

I guess you are already aware of this , but wanted to suggest.
You could import any Gerber's in sprint.
There is very good tutorial by Juan Vargas on YouTube on sprint.
Even from jpeg layout picture , even a new person, could create a clone layout in 1-2 hours.

Regards
Prasi
I have the Sprint! Just don't know how to use it. Also I got use to it to paint. More than 10 years experience. I tried Sprint and just confusion and confusion. To me waste of time.
I do not have time and patience to learn that to from the beginning.
Paint takes much more time (10x) and patient but I got the experience
Thanks for the advise

Greetings gabor
Old 20th June 2017, 06:39 PM   #3849
diyAudio Member

Today I got some clad board for these project.
A bit thick boards 2MM or 2.2mm and double sided. I only found these with thick 2 or 3 oz copper.
I will pull the copper of from one side, will take some effort and elbow grease
The store had one sided clad boards but a few mm shorter what I need and only with thin 1 oz copper.
Just need to find some 12.5" long photo paper to transfer the image. I may glue two paper together if Staples will not have.
Some small progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copper board JLH.JPG (68.3 KB, 116 views)
Old 21st June 2017, 03:21 AM   #3850
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborbela View Post
Today I got some clad board for these project.
A bit thick boards 2MM or 2.2mm and double sided. I only found these with thick 2 or 3 oz copper.
I will pull the copper of from one side, will take some effort and elbow grease
The store had one sided clad boards but a few mm shorter what I need and only with thin 1 oz copper.
Just need to find some 12.5" long photo paper to transfer the image. I may glue two paper together if Staples will not have.
Some small progress.
Why don't you just reduce the board size to fit on one sheet? Much easier than what you otherwise plan to do.
Besides it looks like you can actually paint the board with something suitable , like nail polish ?, for the tracks. The layout is very simple and without any complications. Have you ever tried this ? I used to do that for years a long time ago. Put the design on the board , drill through all the holes and then paint on the tracks ! Etch it. The second side will get removed also . You will need nail polish, a thinner ( like amyl acetate or acetone ) a small container to thin the nail polish ( maybe NC paint used in cars is also OK ?) a thin paint brush and a thicker one for wide spaces. Amyl acetate dries slow enough to give you time to spread it around easily. NC paint ( with thinner) might dry more rapidly. But then you can scrape away excess very easily as the paint will crack away cleanly and not tear and come off in strands. Use a regular box cutter knife ( or just the blade !) to clear up excess paint or clean up edges.

Alternatively you can use masking tape to block out the parts to be etched away and spray the board with an aerosol can of paint. Remove the tape after it dries , paint on any small complex sections with a brush and etch it !
PS. I still use the nail polish method for very small simple boards as it's super fast. From drilling to ready board in under an hour ! You need to have a steady hand to make it look neat. But you can use guides like rulers etc. to get straight lines.

Last edited by ashok; 21st June 2017 at 03:28 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!