Which company is this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,
Recently I bought some 2n3773 and 2n6609 power transistors for my audio amplifier, but I don't know the manufacturer's name.I wanted to know the company'name so that I can know their specifications,build quality and also the quality of their (company's ) products.If anyone knows then please inform here.
Thanks a million:)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
These are ancient devices and so widely available as 'generic' parts. If there is no manufacturer marking visible then you just have to assume they meet the specifications for those parts.

If there is only a number such as 2N3773 then they could be from anywhere. That doesn't mean they are no good, just that you can't identify them.

Sir,
I am not able to attach a picture, I am trying to post it since I created this thread.I don't know whether it is my browser's problem (I posted this using mobile ).
It's symbol is somewhat like this;
-----/
------/
------/
A capital E but it is reverse with the topmost leg is shorter than the middle leg and the middle leg is shorter than the bottom leg.
After this symbol there is number written as"P15E" then it's part number 2n3773.
Hope you can understand.
Thank you.

Hi,

The well-known manufacturers of those devices are ON and ST, as well as some other international brands.
The ones you've got are manufactured by Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) - a large Indian corporation, the key customer - Indian Defence Forces.
Quality must be ok, I believe :D

Cheers,
Valery

Attachments

• 2N3773-BEL.jpg
    2N3773-BEL.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 208
  • BEL | Home 2017-04-14 11-41-30.jpg
    BEL | Home 2017-04-14 11-41-30.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 194
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.