Marantz 1122DC no pre amp output, power amp in okish

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I've had a mint 1122DC stuck in its box for ages, but have only recently got around to looking at it. After a reasonably brief clean it's a lovely thing, so given the condition of the rest of the system I bought with it,which mostly work, I thought I'd power it up. Power lamp and speaker relay operate correctly, the relay taking around 3 seconds to energise. I have no audio whatsoever regardless of input, but there is a very faint rustle when I press the tone defeat button, which lead me to think that the power amp side may be ok so I connected a variable volume source to main in and it was the case. Left channel plays perfectly, some distortion on the right channel which improved with time and an increase in signal level, then it settled down and sounded sweet for a whole afternoon of listening. In short it seems like two issues, no pre amp signal and a component weakness on the right. I've tried bridging main and pre together externally even though the internal links look ok. Before I start in with a meter can you help me zone in on known issues? I love the amp and will use it in my own system rather than sell it on. I'm handy with an iron, and have basic scope knowledge with access to good tektronix kit at work, so just need pointers.

Thanks
Mat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.