Easy DIY RIAA-preamp wanted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am in need of a preamp for my old turnable.

It seems that the guys at HK neglected to put a phonoamp in my reciever......

so instead of buying one i thought that i perhaps could start up a new hobby and build one myself. But since there are so many schematics out there i thought that you guys could recommend one thats quite easy to build and with complete schematics for powersupply and amp-stage....

anyone got any suggestions?

imput sencitivity and impedance of the existing amp is 200mV and 47kOhm

thanks, but there was only the partial schematic.....

im not looking to buy a kit, only the parts and solder them together and put it all in a chassi (to make short summation ):)

much cheaper that way, and a kit feels like cheating......

kmj said:
thank you, coffin.

The el cheapo seems to be what im looking for.

could a PCB transformer be used instead of a torrodial?

how would a powersupply look in that case?

I use a small PCB transformer -- be careful to keep the a.c. line inputs away from the phono inputs. for the power supply I use a pair of LM317's and a pair of LM337's -- for the + and - rails.
the first regulator is set to 19 volts, the second to 15 volts -- the two regulators in series seem to prevent "turn-on" thump.

Attachments

• supply.jpg
    supply.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 777
for a first diy project you might want to avoid line power (esp european 230 VAC)

a pair of 9V alkaline batteries should last several days cont powering just 2 op amps

in the US i know many "wall wart" linear supplies are isolated from line/gnd so 2 "12 VDC" @ < US$ 5 ea could be a simple +/- 12 V supply

too many multi output supplies are switchers nowadays but some linears with +/-12 can be found for less than you can buy the parts - additional local RC filtering internal to your box could clean them up some

RC modelers use NiCd packs that are relatively cheap and I belive that NiCd can be indefinitely "trickle charged" so if your average use duty cycle is low enough this is a very simple and high quality option (the "on" switch disconnects the charger and connects the op amps)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.