Denon POA-S10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has a schematic, service manual, or the biasing procedure for the Denon POA-S10 mono amplifier? I found a pair of these that have been sitting for a long time. Fortunately after double checking all fuses, etc., and bringing them up slowly on a variac, they are both working correctly. I want to confirm the bias and DC offset settings before putting them to use.

Thanks!

It's unlikely to exist.

However, if it works, there's no need for one.

Checking idling current and DC offset is very simple. For offset, just check the DC voltage on the speaker terminals (with no speakers connected).

For idling current, clip some probes on each side of an emitter resistor, and note the voltage (in mV). Say you measure 10 mV, across a resistor of 0.22 ohms. Divide the voltage by the resistance and you have 45 mA of current, which is a pretty normal value.

If you are prepared to pay a small amount for the service, you can always download manuals for just about any popular product: DENON POAS10 - Service Manual Immediate Download

Thank you. I am just trying to avoid paying for an entire service manual when I just need the bias current value. I also have an issue with these manual download for pay services as in most cases the sellers have no legal right to sell them. Worst case I will just contact Denon directly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.