Relay not working. Not trans or dc issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It clicks once to disconnect the contacts. Both the relays click. To me it seems its working!

If this happens after you have powered the amplifier up that will be correct. Both relays would have clicked earlier to engage when that was done. I hope you have got this right.

If you are unsure you can see through the plastic covers of the relay to watch the contacts move in one direction at power up and in reverse with the meter probe test.

Otherwise you could connect some speakers or headphones and music source and listening at low volume see if the probe test cuts out the sound.

When on, I connected one probe to speaker ground, other I touched the end of resistor closest to capacitors and both relays turned off. It has a clear case so the case was clear LOL! As soon as I touched the resistor it went off then when I removed the probe relay clicked back on. It was on continuity test.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It all sounds to be sounding good :)

If the delay is to long then just put the original value of timing cap back. 47uF gives almost 2 seconds.

Attachments

• Timing.JPG
    Timing.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 42
Yay!!! I guess in the end its all about knowing how transistors actually work! I really want to do a course. Big thanks to everyone who helped and those that didn't LOL. Big thanks to Mooly! I now just have I other item to fix before my isomagic dac has allllllll my attention!! I love Dacs. Cheers guys!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.