Inverting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got two small signals, one I want to run through a voltage amplifier (not much gain, maybe 4 or so), and the other one I want to do the same thing, but invert it. I'd like to go discrete for this, with BJTs or JFETs. Now I know how to do it with opamps, but how would I go about it with discrete components?

JoeBob,

Take a look at the second schematic of the thread below and read a little further. If you take the inverting and non-inverting outputs of this preamp they'll both be offset by about +50mV but that should do the trick. If the 50mV offset is too much you could capacitor couple them.
If you were to use the third schematic you would definitely have to capacitor couple the outputs since the offset is about -15V each.
However, if you were going use it as a balanced preamp as I have, you wouldn't have to couple the outputs. (R21 represents the load, which would be the power-amp)

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3001&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Stephen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.