Aragon 8008ST (Mondial) no output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm looking for some help troubleshooting a legacy Aragon 8008ST (Mondial). I bought the amp new many years ago (late 90's) in Houston and it has served faithfully in my system since then, driving front channel Thiel CS3.6 speakers. Last week it essentially died, no output on either channel. The front power light comes on but no output. Upon deeper investigation, i found that F2 (channel 2 rail fuse 70V power) was blown. There are four fuses (8 amp) protecting the 70 volt (L/R, + & -). I replaced F2 and it blew immediately even despite no load on either channel. I notice that the output delay switch does not seem switch on, which may explain why despite only the channel 2 power supply fuse blowing there is no output on either channel. I have inspected all components visually and there is nothing obvious (shorts, blown out resistors or caps, burnt board traces, etc.). I am comfortable working on electronics at board and basic component level, using a multi-meter and am pretty good as well with a soldering iron. However, I've never done deep dive troubleshooting since most issues i've had to fix in the past have been obvious (blown fuses, broken board trace, cold solder joint, fried capacitor, resistor, etc.). I am pretty good at following instruction if given a place to start. Any suggestions or help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I live in Calgary Canada so shipping to the USA for service as suggested by Indy Labs is not a very good option.

Thanks and regards
Derek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.