Technics SU-V85A - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2017, 02:35 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Technics SU-V85A

I have a Technics SU-V85A. A friend plugged an mp3 player into the Aux 1 input and the amp popped and went into protection mode. I couldn't get it to recover. I found the schematics and started doing some checking. My probe slipped and I shorted a cap. and a resister. In trying to replace them I tried a 1/4 watt 22 Ohm resister and it fried. I have a problem with the resistor at R477 on the schematic for the Voltage control Amp. circuit. it says it is a 22 Ohm resistor but no clue as to weather it is a 1/4 watt or a 1/2 watt. I have tried 1/4 watt and it fried and popped the cap at C463. Anyone have any idea?
Old 6th January 2017, 03:01 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The only thing that could pop C463 is reversed polarity as it will stand 100Volts across it. R477 supplies IC401 which I would think has been damaged.
Old 6th January 2017, 03:07 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

That's what I was thinking. I tried reversing R477 And they both fried again. The polarity on c463 is correct. Thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!