Sjostrom Audio QRV-07 headphone amp kit unfinished - what to do?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A few years ago I bought a headphone amp PCB from Per-Anders Sjostrom in Sweden, ordered all the little bitty pieces from Digikey and Newark, and got a good PEC pot from Canada, thinking I was going to build a relatively inexpensive HQ low-noise headphone amp myself. Worried that I would fry the board, since I am a noob at DIY, I decided to pay a Silicon Valley PCB assembly firm (I knew the owner) to populate the board, so that was done right.

But I should have bought a unit off the shelf, this kit is still not finished, though only final wiring needs to be done and a proper case found. I don't even have a voltmeter to test it. So what's the best way to offer this for sale to people who can finish and enjoy it while I buy a Schiit (which unfortunately was not yet on the market when I started this project) or comparable amp? With board, parts, assembly etc I probably have $300 in this. What's it worth to someone with the skill to finish up? It's a rare fish (lutefisk, LOL), Sjostrom is well regarded on forums (head-fi), but you rarely see these critters assembled. Sage advice appreciated.

Attachments

• qrv-07.JPG
    qrv-07.JPG
    443.5 KB · Views: 157
I have a QRV07, and it's a really, really nice headphone amp. Agreed. Finish it and use it.

Mine is currently wired up as a preamp for one of my little 50W AEM6000 derivatives. I did this by simply using a switched headphone jack, and wiring the switched output back to a couple of RCA connectors for my power amp. From memory I added some attenuation as well, so that the perceived level in my room is the same with headphones and without.

It's run flawlessly for years like that. Per Anders designs nice stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.