New complementary pairs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello friends,

Recently I was about to build an AB class amp based on krell but their schematics are using 2SA1186 and 2SC2837 which are pretty old ones. Because of that it may be hard to find original ones... Is there anyone who can suggest replacement or suggest several other complementary pairs or help me to find it by myself?

Best Regards.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Those Sanken LAPT devices are very high Ft (70MHz), amongst the best audio transistors anywhere, that's why you still see them on high-end products. The problem is that Sanken only deal through authorized agencies like Allegro Microsystems, if you expect to receive genuine product. There are plenty of copies and fakes of those types around and a lot of very good competitive products too but they don't perform like Sanken LAPTs.

Here's the current line of Sanken audio products which still includes 2SA1186/C2837:
Audio ?Sanken Electric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.