power supply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry if this is the wrong formum for this but i would like to ask a question.

i recently got a visonik 800 watt amp from a freind that didn't work. he told me that he took it in to a place and they said that it would need a rebuilt power supply and it would cost 150 dollors. a visonik amp isn't worth 150 bucks. so i thought i would try to fix it.

i opened it up and saw 3 mosfets were just destroyed. so i replaced the mosfets that were blown and the resistors that were black but now i have another problem the resistance from my grnd to my power reads as a short. i have no idea were that short would be coming from any sugestions?

Remove input capacitors, transformer primary leads, and other parts between power and ground. After removing each part see if you still have the short. If you find no bad parts and still have a short, use a magnifier and look for shorts on PCB. Look for possible solder bridges from power to ground. Process of elimination.

Good Luck!

the short is constant and i've tried removing the capactiors and it still has not helped but i will keep trying to remove things and see if i can get it to unshort itself. it you guys think of anything else let me know and thanks for the help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.