preamp/predrive noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
good day all.

I am facing a problem with a preamp/predrive circuit I use. I have used it before on class ab amplifiers and wen I tried it on a class h amplifier I made, I am getting noise. when I eliminate the preamp and drive the amplifier alone the noise is not there. I use ne5532 opamp.can anyone help me on this one. will upload the schematic.

So does your Class H amplifier have about the same voltage gain as its preceding AB colleagues? After all, pre + power amp gain add up for both signal and noise.

Is your Class H amp a rail switcher (also referred to as Class G) or does it have continuously variable power supplies? Some EMI issues potentially lurking there. You are using a traditional transformer-based power supply, right?

Is it built as an IEC Class I (safety earthed) or Class II (double insulated) device, any difference to preceding amps there? What is the signal source? Just wanting to rule out a plain ol' ground loop issue.

If none of all this applies, there may be some sort of oscillation going on.

In any case, schematics and photos would be immensely helpful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.