Pro Amp Mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've bought a JBL-badged QSC-made amp once for about £200 new when JBL stopped using QSC and they needed to get rid of inventory.
It was a fairly straightforward Class AB job and all it needed to be really rather good was a quiet replacement fan.

But then my MC2 came back from servicing and I never got round to do it.

Yes I can recommend it. If doesn't sound right I'd blame the speakers but I don't know much about Thiels other than that owners tend to really like them a lot.
If they are designed with modern amplification in mind they will sound great with MC2s.

As for the 2Ohm suitability of the T500 I suspect it would be fine driving one set of speakers which drop to 2Ohm somewhere on their impedance curve but in the environment they usually find themselves in 2Ohm capability means 4 8Ohm speakers connected in parallel and that is a whole different proposition.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.