USB DAC combined with "The Wire" headphone amp - An applology

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I think the thread that I started was deleted because I abandoned it. I had health problems; Some random assh*le tried to kill me but I lived! I'm on massive amounts of drugs to kill the pain and my memory is for sh*t so please bear with me. I remember having my design criticized, but it is a good design, as a result of the near perfect tuning of the balanced output, the stage imaging is as wide as 220 degrees (yes, with some recordings, it almost sounds like it comes from behind you) and with huge dynamic range. I have a few boards for sale and since I feel guilty for abandoning everyone, I will sell them for 5$ a piece (Canadian + shipping) I will also give a link for the Altium project files so you can order your own PCBs if you want, or modify the circuit to your hearts content. The LME49990MA can be substituted with OPA209, my new favorite and much cheaper! Decoupling MLCC capacitors are doubled, one mounted on top and one directly beneath it, this causes mechanical piezo effect cancellation, a neat trick! Same for larger value MLCC capacitors but use soft/flexible/automotive MLCC capacitors. Don't be affraid of MLCC, they are perfect when used correctly. Use Susumu resistors, they are not too expensive and have minimal Jonson effect. Don't get parts from your favorite Chinkanees site, get real parts!

The attached file is a self extracting archive.

filehosting.org | Download | USB Audio DAC.exe

filehosting.org | Download | USB Audio DAC.pdf

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.