audio virgin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everybody!

geez, I hope I posted this in the right forum . . . sorry in advance. Anyhoo, I really want to get into the world of diy audio. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what are the best technical audio books for a newbie like myself. I have taken a few university elec and digital logic courses, and have a basic understanding of electricity (ie, ohm law, kirchoff loops, etc.). i've also bought the art of electronics, and the tab electronics guide to electricity and electronics by randy slone. So now my question is what books will benefit me the most? Here's a list of books that i've had my eye on:

Self on Audio - Douglas Self
High Power Audio Amplifier Construction Manual - Randy Slone
The Audiophile's Project Sourcebook - Randy Slone
Audio Power Amplifier Design Handbook - Douglas Self

In a perfect world, I'd buy all of them, but i'm on a budget. I can maybe afford to buy two. Also, i noticed that in my tab electronics guide book by Slone, he's got the current flow going the wrong way. a slight mistake, to be sure, but it leaves me questioning his credibility.

So, out of the four books listed above, can someone tell me which 2 books to get in order to avoid overlap and learn the most? or recommend better ones?

Thanks for the help!

Chris

Hi Chris,
I do have both books

High Power Audio Amplifier Construction Manual - Randy Slone
Audio Power Amplifier Design Handbook - Douglas Self

I agree on the comments of 5th element regarding the Slone book. I also agree on his comments on Self to be less easy to digest. However if you are able to hold on it is defenitely worthwhile!

Ward

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.