Does anyone here put together DIY amp "kits"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build some of these class A amps such as the alpha3 and a40, but I am lacking in the knowlege of amplifier electronics....unfortunately (and fortuneately at times), my skills are in woodworking and don't really help here. I am pretty good at soldering, and can put things together with a schematic, but I have a hard time understanding electonic schematics and jargen to know what parts to by (asside from simple things like resistors and caps).

back to the topic. Asside from the chassis, does anyone here have any inclination on putting together parts kits for these amp designs? I am not talking about selling them for a profit, since that would be a copy right violation, but rather payment for the cost of the parts, shipping, and a fee for your troubles.

Check here for Pass Labs a40 parts list

Hi Gomer: Check the following page on my web site for a <a href="http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/esantane/movies/a40.html">parts list</a> for the Pass Labs a40 amp. I'm currently gathering parts but probably won't begin assembly for another few months (other projects to finish!).

By the way, nice recipe for the Cat5 speakers cables on your web site! Thanks! I recently had to change the configuration of my home theater setup to put the equipment in a closet (away from new crawling son). I was using a set of 8ft Tara Phase IIs for my speakers, which sounded very nice, but they were too short to reach the speakers from the closet. I had to replace them with generic 12ga wire - YUK! All of the treble and soundstaging disappeared! Quick - gotta fix this! I got some Belden Plenum Cat5 and twisted up a set of your Gomer Wires! Ahhh! Treble and soundstage restored! At least the equal of the Tara's, if not better!

[Edited by Eric on 05-25-2001 at 09:05 AM]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.