4 pole elecrolytic capacitors - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st April 2002, 05:39 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 4 pole elecrolytic capacitors

Although my needs and fiscal constraints probably preclude their use, I was wondering if anyone has actually used 4 pole 'inductance cancelling' electrolytics in their power supplies.

Black Gate suggests the use of their non-polarized N series electrolytics in a back to back arrangement that essentially emulates the 4 pole configuration. One can see this in the Michael Percy catolog (a pdf file) at the bottom of the Black Gate entry -

http://www.percyaudio.com/

Jensen is making their tissue paper aluminum electrolytics in a 4 pole configuration. (though I wonder how much of the benefits are attributatable to their lack of plastic sleeving) -

http://www.jensencapacitors.com/audi...ers/4pole.html

BHC/Aereovox is offering slit-foil, 4 pole electrolytics in their new ALN series (bottom of the page on the url) -

http://www.bhc.co.uk/overview.htm

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Old 2nd April 2002, 07:07 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: 4 pole elecrolytic capacitors

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pmkap
[B]Although my needs and fiscal constraints probably preclude their use, I was wondering if anyone has actually used 4 pole 'inductance cancelling' electrolytics in their power supplies.

I have, BGs and Soshins. They seem to work. At present I am running an ADC at 24/96 with BG Ns 4.7 uf coupling caps. It beats the use of a single BG.

Let me know the result if you go ahead.

Hide this!Advertise here!