Which amp or headunit would I need

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 pioneer TS-M800 Pro 8 inch midbass speakers that i want to put in my own custom box. I dont know what amp would be necessary to run them. It would only be powering the 2 speakers, and since its not going in a vehicle, there is no head unit. So what amp could i use, or would i need a headunit instead of an amp? It needs to be able to power the 2 speakers, and have an aux port. and preferably one that could handle a wall outlet, or run off of like a laptop charger if i change the end on it.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
:cop: Will move this to a more appropriate forum, and please only one thread per topic. I have deleted your other one.

Edit: Since this is basically an amplifier query I stuck it in solid state. (It might also be a multiway speaker or chip amp query.) You need to add a lot more detail I think for anyone to actually be able to answer this question. A chip amp could also be suitable. Tweeters used, do you have an XO? All questions other members are going to ask.

I have 2 pioneer TS-M800 Pro 8 inch midbass speakers that i want to put in my own custom box. I dont know what amp would be necessary to run them. It would only be powering the 2 speakers, and since its not going in a vehicle, there is no head unit. So what amp could i use, or would i need a headunit instead of an amp? It needs to be able to power the 2 speakers, and have an aux port. and preferably one that could handle a wall outlet, or run off of like a laptop charger if i change the end on it.

What exactly are you trying to build, some kind of boom-box? No-one can help you without more info on your goal.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.